This is a fun and creative gift for all occasions.
What you will need:
- 2 – 10 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ scraps of heavy cotton fabric. I used apolstry samples.
- 1 – 9″ x 1″ piece of fabric bonding material – Sticth Witchery.
- 1 – 2″ piece of nylon cord.
- 14″ of 22 gauge sterling silver wire
- 3 – 1/2″ rectangle rose quarts beads
- 2 – 4mm bicone smokey quartz Czech crystals
- 2 – 4mm bicone peridot Czech crystals
- 1 – 4mm bicone clear AB Czech crystal
- 2 – 6mm jasper beads
- 1 – 10 mm facted raspberry quartz bead
- 2 – 8mm bicone amethyst Czech crystal
- 1 – 8mm bali style barrel
- 1 – 16 mm puffed rectangle rhodenite bead
How to make it
1. 9 1/2″ up the fabric cut it to an angle. Repeat on the other side.
Place the fabric together, right side in and use the bonding agent as a top layer.
Using a 1/4″ seam, sew up one side of the fabric to the start of the angle. Set your needle and turn the and continue to the point. Make a loop with the nylon cord and place the loop on the ‘inside’ of bookmark, leaving the ends sticking out from the tip. Sew to the tip, making sure to catch the cord, set your needle, turn the fabric, sew to the next angle. Set the needle and finish sewing down the side of the bookmark. Turn the book mark inside out and tuck the ends into the bottom and crease it. Iron the bookmark to set the bonding agent and stiffen up the fabric. Sew a border around the bookmark, to give it a finished look using a 1/4″ seam. This will also close up the bottom.
2. Use a simple wire wrap creating links with the supplies listed above. Create a charm wrap with one of the bicones to finish off the bookmark drape. Create two more charms and attach them to the nylon loop on either side of the drape.