These are easy to make and make great gifts. Most people really like them.
You will need:
- Fringe Beads – about 40 or 50 per charm in the varying colors of grapes (purple, blue, green, gold, red, etc.).
- Leaf Beads – 2 per charm approximately 10 mm (you can also use leaf pendant style beads where the hole goes through the top of the leaf but I prefer a length wise hole)
- Very flexible wire, thin enough to go through the bead holes but strong enough to hold a curve, in a natural stem color (green, bronze, gold, etc.)
- Toe ring memory wire
- End Beads (half drilled) and a strong glue
- A pair of round nosed pliers.
- Wire cutters
String 40 or more fringe beads on your flexible wire. Firmly hold the ends of the 2 wires together, where the beads end. Grasp the top of the beaded wire and simply twist, wrapping thicker at the top and continue until a spiral is formed (like a tornado).
Twist the end wires around each other and around the memory wire. Add the leaves and, using your round nosed pliers, wrap the ends of the wires into a coil.
Finish the memory wire by gluing on the end beads or bend the wire into a tight circle with your round nosed pliers.